Mayer Brown LLP is a leading global law firm with offices in 26 key business centers across the Americas, Asia and Europe. We are a collegial, collaborative, and diverse firm where highly motivated individuals with an unwavering commitment to excellence receive the opportunity, support, and development they need to grow, thrive, and realize their greatest potential.
If you enjoy working with team members whose defining characteristics are achievement, initiative, professionalism, responsiveness, and adaptability, you may be the person we are seeking to join our Human Resources Department in our Washington DC office as a Human Resources Generalist/Recruiter. This position will provide Human Resources recruiting and general HR-related support to the Washington DC office.
· Responsible for the recruitment of all staff positions and temporary staffing for the Washington DC office. This includes posting, sourcing, screening, interviewing and recommending placement of candidates for entry-level to director level staff positions.
· Maintain all tracking logs: position requisitions, and iCIMS applicant log. Determine best methods for sourcing candidates, i.e. advertising, direct contact, employee referrals, research organizations, employment agencies, job fairs, etc. Oversee (and troubleshoot as needed) completion of background checks and conflicts checks, and check references. Negotiate and extend offers of employment to successful applicants. Prepare offer letters. Process placement agency fee invoices. Develop and maintain relationships with sourcing entities; and work with Procurement to negotiate competitive contract terms with these sources.
· Advise hiring managers on current job market, available talent and conduct competitive analysis to ensure timely hiring. Serve as a resource for hiring managers on legal and effective interviewing techniques, company policies and procedures and other HR issues. Collect, analyze and compile HR data, and then assist with making recommendations to management for various HR related projects i.e. salary ranges, job description detail, placement companies, etc. Responsible for research and analysis of annual salary documents to be used in annual regional salary surveys.
· Responsible for explaining insurance programs, 401K, and general office policies and procedures to personnel upon request. Coordinate vendor on-site visits/ demonstrations/ open enrollment meetings. Present the Benefits portion of New Hire orientations. Partner and collaborate with the HR Coordinator in development and roll-out of the annual Wellness Program initiatives; assume the lead in proposing the annual Wellness program budget.
· Act as a back-up to the HR Manager on all compensation related matters. Assume the lead for the WDC HR department participating in salary surveys and maintaining salary ranges for all staff positions in the DC office.
· Assist with proposing, developing and implementing systems and procedures to support the efficient operation and productivity of the Human Resources Department. Act as back-up to the HR Coordinator in all areas of responsibility. Other duties and projects as requested or required. Maintain confidentiality on all sensitive issues.
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, including medical/dental/vision/life/and AD&D insurance, 401(k) savings plan, back-up childcare and eldercare, generous Paid Time Off (PTO) plan, as well as opportunities for professional development and growth.
If Mayer Brown sounds like the right place for you, and if you have the qualifications we are seeking, please apply through the career section (no e-mailed resumes, please) on https://jobs3-mayerbrown.icims.com/jobs/search?ss=1&hashed=124489139