Mayer Brown LLP is a leading global law firm with offices in 25 key business centers across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. We are a collegial, collaborative, and diverse firm where highly motivated individuals with an unwavering commitment to excellence receive the opportunity, support, and development they need to grow, thrive, and realize their greatest potential. If you enjoy working with team members whose defining characteristics are achievement, initiative, professionalism, responsiveness and adaptability, you may be the person we are seeking to join our growing IT Department as a Multimedia Technician supporting operational efforts for and from the Washington, DC office.
Position Summary: Works under the oversight of the Global Multimedia Manager with day-to-day operational supervision from the IT Office Manager and is responsible for providing the operational support of the Multimedia Network and its peripherals both locally and in conjunction with other offices, as well as providing back-up support to the Washington office IT department.
- Interacts directly with videoconference users to provide remote – phone based/web based, and or in-room support/troubleshooting for real time and scheduled videoconference bridges, as well as effective and timely remedy based trouble call management and escalations
- Provides hands-on and remote support/troubleshooting integrated video and audio conferencing equipment in conference rooms and mobile environments
- Provides technical support to conference rooms at multiple local locations including sound equipment, teleconferencing, video conferencing and other audio visual support as appropriate
- Provides set-up and support of Audio Visual and loaner computers and client laptops within conference rooms and visiting attorney offices
- Provides video taping services for meetings and presentations.
- Audio and video post production editing experience a plus.
- Monitors video and teleconference calls for length of meeting and gives immediate response to connectivity or participant needs
- Maintains inventory of all audio and video equipment and provides maintenance as needed
- Sets up videoconferences working with requestors, participant sites and bridging services to get calls up and running at full bandwidth. Uses Room Tracker software to maintain conference schedules
- Effects the upkeep of control keypads to include maintenance and systems upgrades as required
- Interacts, schedules and works with Audio Visual contractors to troubleshoot and resolve any/all Video Tele-Conference and Audio Visual issues
- Sets up, schedules and maintains all web-ex requests
- Responsible for imaging, troubleshooting and maintaining firm standard PCs specifically as it pertains to Audio Visual equipment. Assist with installation and removal of software applications that are Audio Visual related. Document and share Audio Visual expertise with departmental colleagues
- Create Service Desk tickets with all necessary detail especially if being passed on to other support teams and timely follow-up to all assigned Service Desk tickets. Utilize Firm ticket tracking system (VSM) for all setups and incidents related to Service Desk requests. Assist WDC’s Desk Side support when available
- Provide on-going training to local IT staff to maintain a high level of knowledge and appropriate backup support.