Mayer Brown LLP is a leading global law firm with offices in 25 key business centers across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. We are a collegial, collaborative and diverse firm where highly motivated individuals with an unwavering commitment to excellence receive the opportunity, support and development they need to grow, thrive and realize their greatest potential.
If you enjoy working with team members whose defining characteristics are achievement, initiative, professionalism, responsiveness and adaptability, you may be the person we are seeking to join our Information Technology department, in either Chicago or Washington DC, as a Global Director of IT Practice and Client Solutions.
The Global Director of IT Practice and Client Solutions will focus on improving and supporting the delivery of legal services through innovation and enhancing the value received by the Firm’s clients via technology, in support of the Firm’s strategic initiatives. The Director of IT Practice and Client Solutions is a hands-on executive level “consulting” position, reporting to the Global CIO, that: helps to define, coordinate and facilitate best practices and client focused technology across law and administrative departments – delivering high value results.
- Lead collaboration efforts across departments and practice groups, to advance practice efficiencies and enhance client service, including facilitating the more effective use of existing technology, developing innovative technology service and products, and “selling” technology and practice focused technology services within the firm and indirectly to the Firm’s clients
- Participate in Firm projects and initiatives led by other teams, particularly as they relate to knowledge management (KM), legal process improvement and knowledge sharing
- Work / consult with attorneys and business professionals; conceptualize, design, develop and deliver effective practice and client support applications – client focused technologies
- Lead design sessions and review sessions with technical and business staffs, attorneys and clients
- Work / consult with attorneys and business professionals to develop the conceptual design for law department productivity product(s)
- Assist in facilitating knowledge management, AI and best practice initiatives, including leading of appropriate project teams composed of attorneys, staff, clients and vendors
- Participate in business development presentations to clients or prospects to explain and “sell” Mayer Brown technology capabilities
- Collaborate with other support departments to provide efficient access to Firm intellectual capital
- Assume overall responsibility (“ownership”) for the Firm's Extranets (and associated staff), and other client facing technologies and strategies, including the selection of products to engage clients via technology
- Promote the use of extranets and related tools with Firm lawyers
- Partner with practice and business units to ensure strategic alignment and success
- Use requirements and knowledge of available and emerging technologies to execute firm strategy via appropriate databases, portals and other tools
- Work with appropriate leadership to identify priorities and requirements for initiatives, secure commitment and support, escalate issues and drive acceptance
- Ensure strong communication plans and effective delivery is made across all areas of the Information Technology department and wider business community
- Meet with the firm’s global technology committee (ITOC) and other senior business leaders when relevant to discuss proposals or service impacts
- Travel to offices to gain insight and meet with Partners and Practice Groups